If you've been seeing diminishing returns from your Google advertising dollars, it might be time to try your hand at Facebook advertising. Whether you want to build brand awareness in your local community or grow your social media following,
If you want to maximize your marketing spend, here are five crucial Facebook advertising tips you need to know:
- If you want to reach new customers, analyze consumer behavior and use those insights to your benefit. While existing fans might react to requests for likes or social shares, a new customer is more likely to respond to ads targeting their behavior. Analyze the motivations that drive customers to make purchases from your site and then use those insights to create ads specifically targeted to elicit that same behavior.
- Unlike Google ads, where you create advertisements based upon keywords, Facebook ads are targeted at demographics, interests, behavior, and location. Understanding this crucial difference can make a huge difference in the success of your ad campaigns. Failure to target correctly could result not only in the loss of your advertising dollars, but reduced engagement on your business' Facebook page too.
- Just because you have an online business, that doesn't mean you can overlook your local customers. Consider creating geo-targeted ads within your local city. Not only will your shipping costs likely be lower (if you provide a physical product), you just might grow a loyal local following too. What a great way to network at chamber of commerce gatherings or community festivals, right?
- Be clear on your objective before launching a Facebook ad campaign. Know in advance if you want to build brand awareness, increase your conversion rates, or build consumer engagement on your Facebook page. Without having a clear focus in advance, you can't possibly measure the success or failure of your ad campaigns.
- For maximum success with Facebook ads, understand the different types of advertisements available and the correct size specifications for each:
- Clicks to Website
- Website Conversions
- Page Post Engagement
- Page Likes
- App Installs
- App Engagement
- Local Awareness
- Event Responses
- Offer Claims
- Video Views
- Lead Generation
Facebook provides an excellent resource for ad partners; study your different options to ensure you are using the appropriate ad type for your objective. To help you spend your marketing dollars in the most efficient manner possible, Facebook provides excellent information on its ad program here.
If you want maximum ROI for your Facebook ads, it is imperative you have a well-developed strategy prior to launch. This powerful social ad network can be extremely beneficial, but you have to absolutely nail your targeting strategy.
Need help with your business marketing?
We need to talk, we’re experts at business growth: Call: USA: 877.433.6225 or Email: email@example.com